Tuesday, September 18, 2007

FSB Best Lawyers in America 2008

Last week I learned that I was selected by my peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2008 in the field of "Health Care Law". This is the first year that I have been selected for the honor.

In all, six lawyers from Flaherty, Sensabaugh & Bonasso, PLLC were selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2008. Congratulations go out to the other honorees:

Below is background information about Best Lawyers and the process used to select attorneys for inclusion:
Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 25,000 leading attorneys cast almost two million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their specialties, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm currently a second year law student with an interest in practicing health care law in some capacity. Could anyone provide any books, papers, websites, etc that give an appraisal on the health care law field in general or more specific areas of practice: hospital in-house counsel, Medicare/Medicaid, nursing home or assisted living facility litigation?

Additionally, I have considered working for about 1-2 yrs in the general counsel's office of the state administrative agency that regulates hospitals, ALFs, nusing homes, and administers medicare/medicaid. My thought process was that working for 2 years with the state agency that regulates these faciltieis and places moratoriums on hospitals within our state would provide me with a window on the regulatory infrastructure of our state healthcare system and certainly refine my skill set for future private practice -- any merit to this notion.

I recognize many of you on this blog have competing priorities but I'd welcome your feedback.

2L