Sunday, March 22, 2020

COVID: The Health Care Law Blog Restart

These unprecedented and uncertain times have all of us worried, seeking data/information, thinking in new ways as a result of our world being turned upside down in the past month due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. The law is largely built around precedent and written law/regulations. However, no time during my legal career have I see so much change and fluid movement in the law as I saw this past week.

As we stay home and shelter with our families and communities, I thought it was time to restart my blogging at the Health Care Law Blog as a way to share health care and legal information and content relevant that may be helpful to my health care clients, other health care providers, hospitals, nursing homes, physicians/physician practices, home health agencies and other providers. My last post on this blog was in 2012 - but it is time to dust off the blogging keyboard again in light of these worldwide events that impact us all from every direction. I started the Health Care Law Blog back in 2004, the infant hears of blogging and social media. At that time, there were only a handful of bloggers who connected nationally/globally. It was such an eye opening experience as a young lawyers sitting in little old wild and wonderful West Virginia - through this platform I was immediately connected with health care industry, health care lawyers and other technology interested lawyers around the world. Many of those individuals I still follow today via my Twitter feed at @BobCoffield and other social media platforms. In fact, much of my "trusted content" on the developing COVID crisis comes from these same health care blogging resources who I have trusted over the years. 

So with these opening comments, this health care regulatory, transactional and technology lawyer who practices out of Charleston, West Virginia at Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso PLLC is starting up the posts today. In the coming days, I plan to share my own thoughts and health care/legal related content along with content prepared by other health care lawyers in our firm's health care practice group, including, Caleb Knight, Shereen Compton McDanielAmy McLaughlin, Luke Schmitt, and others at our firm. This past week a few of us were brainstorming how we can help our clients, our communities, our state of West Virginia, our country and our globe during these difficult times. I think we all are struggling with what role we can and should play. Maybe through efforts to write, document, share content and commentary we can find some balance to what are likely difficult days and months to come for us and so many. 

Stay home, stay safe.

No comments: