The event is billed as, ". . .the premier professional networking and education platform, devoted to examining the impact of blogs and social media on consumer health and healthcare industry." After having attended the first Healthcare Blogging Summit in DC in December 2006, I would agree.
I will be participating in a panel with a group that should make for some lively discussion and debate (see below). For a complete listing of the sessions and speakers check out the full agenda at TrustedMD.
Panel: Open Healthcare – Learning to Live in the Brave New World
Openness, Controversy and Crisis Management in Blogs and Social Media
- Dmitriy Kruglyak (Moderator): CEO, Trusted.MD Network
- Matthew Holt: Author & Consultant, The Health Care Blog
- Nicholas Jacobs, FACHE: CEO, Windber Medical Center & Research Institute
- Robert L. Coffield, JD: Member, Flaherty, Sensabaugh & Bonasso, PLLC
- Elisa Cooper: Whistleblower, formerly with Kaiser Permanente
UPDATE: Dmitriy Kruglyak was recently interviewed as a part of an article, Kaiser Sizing up blogs, 'social media' (subscription required), by the East Bay Business Times. The article appears to discuss the Justen Deal matter and the invitation extended to both Kaiser and Justen Deal to appear on a panel discussion at the Healthcare Blogging Summit.