Tuesday, January 30, 2007

An Example of Transparency In Health Care

Fard Johnmar and I today had a discussion about the post, Running a hospital: Do I get paid too much?, by Paul Levy, CEO at Beth Israel Deaconness Medical Center in Boston. Fard mentioned that this is a great example of transparency in health care (Note: Mr. Levy raises an interesting note in the comments -- I cited to the transparency summary to give readers unfamiliar with the concept some background. Here is another interesting read on transparency that I found when looking for a link to "transparency in health care.)

I've not met Mr. Levy and only know him through his online blogging persona, but I'm impressed with his candid post and willingness to discuss the topic. If I was involved with the hiring of a CEO for one of my hospital clients I'd look for a person with Mr. Levy's communication skills. I'll be interested to check his comments section.

No comments: