The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued the sixth of seven new educational guidance documents related to implementation and compliance with the Security Rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The sixth guidance issued is entitled "Basics of Risk Analysis and Risk Management."
Follwing is a complete list of the HIPAA Security Educational Paper Series:
1. Security 101 for Covered Entities
2. Security Standards - Technical Safeguards
3. Security Standards - Physical Safeguards
4. Security Standards - Organizational, Policies and Procedures and Documentation Requirements
5. Security Standards - Administrative Safeguards
6. Basics of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
Health care provider Privacy Officers and Security Officers may want to take a look at the new guidance materials.
Thanks to Health Data Management who reported on the new Security Rule advice.