Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Security Breach Information for those of you who are alumni, parents or friends of Tufts University

One of my colleagues from the American Health Lawyers Association alerted me to an April 8, 2005 letter issued by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement for Tufts University.

If you are an alum or friend of the University you can get additional security information about the Tufts University security matter here.

Yet another example of the a recent security and privacy related breach involving personal data. This is about the fourth or fifth incident that I have seen at a college or university over the same number of months.

I just hope my alma mater -- Bethany College and the West Virginia University College of Law take note of these events and make sure that their respective systems are secure and confidential data maintained on alumi and friends of the institution is protected.

No comments: